I offer career planning through both one-to-one and/or group workshops to help retain talented staff and outplacement support for colleagues to find new external roles or explore other career development opportunities.
The expense of recruiting and training new employees or employing long-term locums and bank staff can result in very costly fees for healthcare organisations which is not ideal in an existing tight financial climate. Through good career planning, employers can motivate and retain their best employees, thereby saving money and also helping to secure a safer environment for patients and service users through consistency of long-term staff.
Career Planning may include:
- Preparation for internal selection processes through guidance with Interview skills/CVs/Application writing
- Helping demotivated or confused staff to find new pathways within the organisation
- Support for those affected by internal change or reorganisation
- One-to-one career coaching to support individual and organisational career objectives
- Development of key skills required to fast-track potential employees
- Supporting those with career-related workplace issues
For those whose roles have been made redundant, an outplacement service can provide the practical and emotional support that is needed to help them transition into a new appropriate role as quickly as possible.
During this time of personal uncertainty, the provision of such support can make a significant difference to an individual’s job search success.
Outplacement support may include:
- Supporting individuals to understand their personal values, skills/strengths and future aspirations
- Preparation for external selection processes through guidance with Interview skills/CVs/Application writing
- Providing Career Clinics offering drop-in career coaching appointments
- Support with job searches and networking skills
- Helping individuals to identify alternative career goals they may want to explore
- Guidance and support with settling in to a new job
The benefits for the organisation and individual in providing an Outplacement programme are far-reaching and a worthwhile investment.
For an organisation, it can result in reduced conflicts and fewer legal disputes; frees up time and effort for HR and line management; demonstrates that the organisation is supportive and genuinely cares about exiting colleagues maintaining morale of remaining colleagues.
For an individual, it can increase employability opportunities; build confidence at a vulnerable time; provide direction and focus on future career aspirations, ease and speed up the process of transitioning into another role; provide practical and emotional support including coping with change.
These services can be held in-house, locally in Cambridgeshire, via skype or a combination of these. Please enquire via phone or email on how I can support your organisation with Career Management planning.